Thursday, September 27, 2007

The world was so beautiful...


It's been a month since my baby stepped up the stairs into the big yellow bus. I'm finally able to ponder it, absorb it, wrap my brain around what life really looks like now that we both have taken new steps. A dear friend sent me this card the first week of school and it put into words what could not even verbalize at the time.

We are in a new place. A new season. Full of challenge. Full of joy. Full of surprise and new opportunities. I'm not sure what it will look like-for either one of us, but I do know that it will be OK. I want to tell him...

"just concentrate on the next step"
"don't try to conquer it all in one day"
"this is only the beginning"

but, I know it's more for me than him. He has no fear at this point-only anticipation, only joy at finally being able to claim his place. "All I need to know I learned in Kindergarten..."

(If you love the artwork featured on this card as much as I do, check out the website of artist Brian Andreas. You can sign up for the daily email of Story People with a new story each and everyday. Story People

No comments: