Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas!

May you have a blessed and wonderful time of celebration this Christmas! It's Christmas Eve, my kids are all tucked in bed and I have the stockings lined up on the living room coffee table. We've spent the last 3 days with family and are looking forward to a few more days of being together. Some of our family didn't make it home as planned-due to the storm in Denver so we get to spread the holidays out even more-not a bad thing.

This month has been a whirl of activity, planning and celebrating. I feel so blessed. It's as simple as that. God is good and somehow standing in church this morning, dressed as an angel while striking a pose looking down on a fake plastic baby-I was struck by how real it all is. It isn't just a story, it is everyday life-Jesus here with you and with me-an amazing thing that ordinary me was so important he became a child. So simple and yet so complex and beautiful. Revel in that today, tomorrow on Christmas day and every day of the year.

Merry Christmas!

Melynda

No comments: