Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Strategy #4 Remember to Play



















When did all this get to be such “serious work”?!? Scrapbooking is supposed to be a hobby and for many an art form, but that doesn’t mean it has to be HARD! We do such a “mental number” on ourselves when we over analyze and work a layout to death. Do it and let it be…a little tweak here and there “great”, but this OBSESSIVE

Is is GOOD ENOUGH???

My handwriting is TOO messy…

That photo isn’t quite perfect…

I’ve said it before, but I’m going to say it again “Perfectionism is the #1 killer of creativity”. Remember that the next time the negative lies start playing their show in your head. Now “lies” might sound like a strong word, but I’m calling it like I see it. Instead of listening to those lies, use a great little trick I have taught myself and use all the time. Tell yourself “I’m just playing today. Just makin’ a little something for me because I can. Probably not even gonna ever show this to another person-well, maybe my kids. Just gonna’ DO IT, because I CAN.” And, then-have fun and let yourself PLAY! Remember it doesn’t have to be perfect-it’s just PLAY!

No comments: